Sunday, February 15, 2009

First post

Aloha, well, this is my first post to my first blog. I will start by telling you why I'm here now. Almost 2 years ago, I became very ill and was eventually diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. Anyone who has taken this journey knows how confusing it is in the beginning. There was limited resources and geographically, Hawaii is exactly a hotbed of sarcoid activity. I googled ALOT. It's been a long hard road and I feel the time is right to share my the experience just in case there is someone out there who is doesn't know what to expect. Those familiar with the disease know what a wild and whacky thing it can be. I am going to start from the beginning and eventually work my way to the present. I can only do this a little at a time and hope that you will check back for more content. Sometimes there are embarassing issues but I will stay true to my story. There is alot more information out there now than 2 years ago but we still have a long way to go. I don't profess to be an expert about THE disease but I'm an expert about MY disease. Please be patient with me while I'm learning this cyberworld of sharing. Mahalo - Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. "......I don't profess to be an expert about THE disease but I'm an expert about MY disease....."

    I like THAT, very well said indeed.
    I would agree with you 100%, I too am not an Expert on THIS DISEASE....But I darn sure am one on "MY experience with the DISEASE".

    My name is Naimah.....and I am Living with Sarcoidosis....NICE TO MEET YOU Alyssa!!!



    Naimah

    ReplyDelete