Saturday, February 21, 2009

DOCTOR #7

My new Opthamologist was Dr. Jean Shein. What a doll. She was a tiny little thing and looked like a teenager. She turned out to be a brilliant doctor. I felt so lucky to find this kind of care on this small island. Made me almost forget all about Quackadoodle #1 and Quackadoodle #5. On a side note, my parents have taken me to nearly every appointment I had. Yes, I was 39 years old but that's what good parents do. So, Dr. Shein's findings were pretty much the same as Dr. B's with some relief of the optical swelling and the mutton fat was completely gone. Yay, no more dialated eyes. So, my mom and I are discussing all the different things we've learned on Google about what may be going on and she has seen Sarcoid in her practice in a different state. I came to find out that Sarcoid just wasn't seen in Hawaii, and when it was, it was someone who had recently moved here. Out of all the professionals I had seen so far, none of them had any Sarcoid patients. During our conversation, we discussed the possible illnesses that caused my Uveitis and 3 different times she brought up getting tested for Syphilis. You should have seen the look on my mother's face each time she said it. She looked like she swallowed a bug and you could've knocked her over with a feather. Her face was red. She was dumbfounded. I knew Dr. Shein was just being thorough like Dr. Yoon and I appreciated that, but my mom was in shock. I had to laugh. When Dr. Shein left the room, my mom leaned over to me and whispered "you don't have syphilis, do you?" Oh man, "NO MOM, ARE YOU CRAZY?!" That's my mom, I got a kick outta that for weeks. Got to get my giggle on somehow these days. It was also one more embarrassing thing to talk about over dinner with Mario. Poor guy. By the way, I didn't have Syphilis in case you were wondering and ruling that and Tuberculosis out, Dr. Shein was pretty convinced that I had Sarcoidosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment