Monday, February 16, 2009

MY FIRST DAY OF SARCOID

I woke up at 4:00 am to drive Mario to the airport. Something was wrong. My teeth wouldn't stop chattering and I was shaking all over. I was sweating even though my bones felt like ice. I hadn't been sick in 10 years. I was fine yesterday. This was definitely not a feeling I could describe like the flu or a cold. Mario was going to have to drive himself. He would be gone 3 weeks to the mainland. Turns out he was lucky he didn't have to watch what I would go through over the next couple of weeks. When he walked out that door, he was concerned, but, he had no idea he would come home to a different woman and a different way of life. I climbed back upstairs and tried for the next 3 days to muscle through, suck it up, be tough. My parents would bring me food (not that I could eat anything) and check on me but I had 6 animals to take care of. My chest felt like there was a rock in my sternum. I couldn't take a deep breath and when I did, it would cause me to cough which hurt like hell. I had a temp that flucuated between 99-103 degrees. On day 4, I woke in the middle of the night and I was shaking so badly, I couldn't even hold out my arm to drink water. I was terrified to open my mouth for fear of biting my tongue off. That did it for my parents. They made an appointment with their doctor. I didn't even have my own. They bundled me up and to the hospital we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment